Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Night Train to Chang Mai

DAY 8
Chris and I took it easy today, got food and watched a movie in the lobby of the hotel while Jeanie and Shea took bikes around the city to more temples. We had some more of Sato's fabulous Pad Thai and said our good byes to the family before we left. Took some quick showers at the hotel then all got a tuk tuk to the train station for our overnight sleeper train to Chang Mai. We made quick friends on the train with a group of Canadian backpacker girls on our same car.
Almost everyone in our car was a backpacker, so Chris and I made our rounds meeting people in very high spirits. We met some American and started a dance party with Chris' ipod speakers in the middle of the train. A train police came up and took the speakers out of Chris' hands and started walking away with them. We had to go after him and take it back showing him we would turn it off with sign language. I continued to wander the train while most people had closed their curtains and gone to bed. I snapped pics of all my friends as they slept as well as other random people until I collapsed into my bottom bunk bed and slept like a baby the whole night.

No comments:

Post a Comment