Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sunday Street Market

DAY 10

I didn't sleep much last night so when I got up I was still a little out of it. I got some pineapple from a street vendor and found a smoothie joint which was very rejuvenating. The whole crew was still asleep when I returned so I threw on my board shorts and took a swim in the pool to start the day. Chatted with our friend Claudia who was having breakfast in the front of the hotel and told her stories of the night before having a few laughs. Soon after everyone else showed up and went out to eat at Chit chi a little hole in the wall place which good food and prices.

All counties in South East Asia give you a visa when you arrive at the border but for Vietnam you have to send away for your visa in advance so Chris and I went to a travel agent to get our passports sent off preparing for our upcoming Vietnam visit.We shopped around for 4x4 trucks so we could explore the surrounding area's and of course get muddy. Tried to take a nap but couldn't sleep so instead we went to the pool and bumped katcha fire on the ipod speakers and goofed around. Got my laundry done, did some facebooking and the rest of the crew geared up for the Sunday Night Market.

Walked together to the market and then split up, the girls doing some shopping while Chris and I went strait for food. Our plan was to save our shopping for the end of the trip so we didn't have to carry around extra weight the rest of the trip. The Street Market was huge and super crowded. Tried as many dish's as we could stomach from all of the the different carts. The best by far was three spring rolls in a banana leaf with special sauce for only 10 baht. Cruised around the market more and tried a assortment of bugs and ant egg omelette's which actually were not bad. After a couple hours we were burnt out and tried to make our way out of the market which was not easy. As we left we bumped into two Canadian girls Andrea and Jamie who were also trying to find their way out. We got acquainted as we walked back towards the main strip and ended up going to the Rooftop Lounge for a beer together. Jeanie and Shea showed up for a bit but were leaving to Pai in the morning so they left early. The two girls energy was a good match for Chris and I and we got along well laughing and joking around. Decided to leave that bar and we all hopped in a tuk tuk to a strip club for some more laughs. It was quite a show and almost to much to handle as the girls were the worst dancers with no rhythm, skill or enthusiasm at all. It was quite comical though and the four of us could be heard laughing over the music. Took off shortly after to find some food and ended up at a late night burger shop. As we sat there, two Thai men and a three year old baby elephant came out of the shadows and we fed it bananas and took a bunch of pictures. We exchanged info with the girls and planned to meet up again another day calling it a night. When I got back to the room I turned on my ipod and typed the days events still fresh in my mind. Off to sleep for me, tomorrow 4x4 jungle mission and elephant tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment