Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tonsai Beach Day 2

DAY 69

In the morning we hung out on the bamboo decks along the ocean and watched the climbers on the rock faces do vertical and upside down maneuvers. I got out my Nikon with 18x zoom and got some sweet pics of climbers 200-300 feet up.



Chillin in a hammock writing in my itouch as long tail boats buzz around the harbor. The views out here are spectacular, sail boats, speed boats, and big passenger boats all stop out in the bay and shuttle passengers by long tail boats to the beaches. It's a backpackers world out here but it is high season so its a bit more expensive then I would like to pay but its all worth it.

In  the front of a climbing shop was a small monkey on a leash. I could see his wild side and didn't get to close. As we were walking away a family of 13 monkeys came climbing and jumping tree to tree right above our heads. We just watched wide eyed as they ran around the trees and observed their family status and interactions.



As we were walking back, I met a girl on the beach from Cali who knew Chris from back in Santa Barbara so I took her to our bungalow to wake Chris up. I knew the moment we talked she was from Nor Cal.

Ali is probably the last person I expected to see out on a random beach in Thailand. We were friends back during college in Santa Barbara but had lost contact for the past 2 years. Really goes to show how small the world is.




We met the Iraq boys drinking mango shakes and had some food with them. It was another irie night on Tonsai Beach.


 

 The vibes here are so relaxed and slow paced, I am happy to be staying for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment