Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tonsai Beach Day 3

DAY 70

We were going to move to Railay Beach today but decided against it after meeting some great people the night before. We checked back into the hotel and got a two bed bungalow for the next few nights.

We went to get food but Chris didn't feel so good again and stayed to check into the room. After we ate I met up with Ali's crew who were going hike to Railay Beach so I grabbed my camera and sandals and off I went with them. We climbed over the rocks to the other beach and it was quite a journey. The beach was very cool with a big rock jump into the ocean and spectacular formations all over.



 As we went to leave a family of monkeys stormed the beach. A guy there knew the monkeys and was feeding them as they climbed all over him. Ali got the idea from him and pretty soon they were climbing all over her snatching bananas and jumping back to the rocks and vines.




We got sucked in and stayed with the monkeys feeding them and taking pictures. The rest of the group had gone so the two of us headed back through town.  We hiked back around to Ton Sai the same way we came in the first day which was good exersise . I chilled for a bit and then came back to the room and check on Chris. He was still not feeling good almost Mui Ne status which was bad..

Today I was starting to feel exactly like I did when I was sick in Vietnam. I felt like I was drained of all energy, hot and feeling like I was going to pass out when I stood up. We were in the sun all day yesterday and I was not drinking enough water so im pretty sure it was heat exhaustion again. I really need to be more careful about staying hydrated, especially on hot days.


I told Ali of Chris' condition and she happened to have antibiotics and we brought them to him hoping it would cure his sickness. Later that night there was not much going on around the beach so a group of us went uptown to the street looking for good music and something to do.We all went to get Mr. Pancakes Banana Nutella which is outstanding.  Belly's full everyone slowly made their way either back to the beach or off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment