Monday, February 15, 2010

Koh Samui Day 2

DAY 76

     I was up at 6am for my final checks from the nurse and released with a clean bill of health. I went to the accounting area to pay the bill and was absolutely shocked at the bill. $1000 US Dollars for the night in the hospital!!  Ive been to 4 hospitals on this trip and they have never been over $25 dollars so this was pretty steep. I have travel insurance but I sure hope they cover all this. I paid the bill in full and rode back towards our hotel.

      I got up at 11am and did a workout in the room with the iPod speakers bumping. I waited around for Chris to come back but there was no sign of him. It was 12 already and Chris was still not back so I took the computer next door to check my email. I was on the net for a while but had no message from him. Just as I left to go back to the room Chris appeared on his motor bike and I greeted him with a big hug. He told me about his whole hospital ordeal and that he was fine. It was only a bad case of dehydration and he was just not drinking enough water. They gave him a drip and all of his tests came back fine so he was good to go.
     He was still a bit tired and weak from dehydration so he climbed into bed and took a nap right away. Soon after that the German girls came by to say goodbye because they had gotten more expensive room up the street. I went on a walk to 711 to get some snacks for us because Chris needed to rest and brought them back to the room. Chris was fast asleep when I returned so I took off on a walk all the way down the beach and back.
     When he got up we went around to some travel agencies to get our boat tickets to the other islands for new years. I decided I was going to Koh Phanang for the full moon party while Chris still not in full health was going to Koh Tao for a more mellow new years. After we booked our separate boat tickets we came back to the room and put on another movie. I am sending my big bag with Chris to Koh Tao because I have no idea where I will be staying in Koh Phangan. I am only bringing my small bag with my camera and an extra shirt. I  am super excited about tomorrow and am typing today's events now because I don't think I will sleep or have time to type in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment