Monday, February 15, 2010

New Years Eve Full Moon Party!

DAY 77
     Chris got up first today while I laid in bed catching up on rest because I am probably going to be up all night tonight.We both went around the corner to use the internet to message people to meet up with for new years. We also sent emails wishing our family and friends a happy new year. Around 11 we went to get some food. Chris's bus leaves at 12 and I will hang around a bit longer and leave at 2:30.
    Chris got packed and I walked with him to the tour office and we split up. Chris took my bag to Koh Tao with him and I had just my small bag with my camera money and extra shirt. I hung around the room watched tv and then checked out of the hotel at 2pm. On the bus I met some really cool people and we all hung out on the boat talking and trading travel stories.  

     
      When we got to Phangan we walked around the beach and had some food. The beach was filling up fast at dusk and I could already tell it was going to be crazy night.


     We hung out on the beach sitting in a group drinking our first drinks of the night. The beach was covered with people and everyone was in high spirits and had huge smiles on their faces. I lost this crew after not to long and roamed the beach by myself dancing and meeting all sorts of crazy people, some new and some I had met along this trip in other countries.


       I went to mushroom mountain for a while which was on the beach hillside and watched fireworks for a while. Close to midnight I went to the other end of the beach where there was a stage. It was overloaded with people and it colapsed in the middle. It was really funny as a Thai guy tried to tell everyone to get off the stage but everyone was to drunk and continued to dance on the broken stage.


   I saw a Canadian couple I had met in Ton Sai and met a girl from Finland and we all hung out on a rooftop balcony watching all of the people on the beach. With the loud music and packed beach it was quite a sight to behold especially from above.




     At around 3 am I met up with Beth one of the English girls we had met on Phuket and we partied together until 4 am.


      I had no place to stay yet and so I went with her to her bungalow 15 minutes away. The taxi truck was packed full of people and we had to hang off the back the whole 15 min ride and im surprised we made it back to the bungalow alive. I was really tired from all night dancing and we crashed out right away. We both crashed out totally exhausted from the crazy 2010 new years full moon party Koh Phangan.

    Since I had just gotten out of the hospital the day before I decided to go to Ko Tao Island to chill out while Zev went to Ko Phanang for the huge full moon new years party. We parted ways at about noon and I got in a mini bus to the boat. The driver kept stopping and turning around randomly and was late from the beginning so I barely made it on the boat, by barely I mean the boat was unhooked and leaving and I had to throw my bags and jump from the dock. About an hour later the boat stopped at Ko Phanang and most of the people got off leaving just a few of us to continue another hour or so to Ko Tao.
     Pull up to the dock and am greeted by crystal clear water and some very interesting rock formations along the beach. 


    I got a taxi to the center of town and then went on a search for accommodation. I had both my backpack and Zev's and it was just brutal to carry that much weight so I left them at a hotel reception desk and went on. Since it was new years eve everywhere was full, I must of went to 20+ places and none had rooms. I started to loose hope and thought id be sleeping on the beach when I came across a little booth where the lady said she had one room left for 600 baht, I took it without question.
   I dropped off all our bags and went to the beach for sunset and got some food. I was pretty tired so I took a nap only to wake up at 11:30pm so I got up and went down to the New Years beach parties. Cruised around for a bit watching tons of fireworks and hanging out with some people until about 3am when I came back and went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment