Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chang Mai

DAY 9
Woke up on the train with about 3 hours to go since the train was delayed. I walked the train again and re introduced myself to people I had talked to the night before. Met lots of cool people and made plans to meet up later that night once we were all settled in. A woman told us about a nice hostel with a pool which is a big selling point for us so we hopped in a cab to check it out. Chris and I have had a craving for Mexican food since we arrived so we found a Mexican style restaurant and got burrito's which still kind of tasted like Thai food. I then took a swim in the pool and decided to walk around the city for a while. One hour turned to three because I was kind of lost. I bumped into a German couple I had met the night before on the train and the three of us tried to navigate our way back to the hostel which was not easy.We did eventually make it but but only before finding two more temples we had missed. In one temple there was a wax monk that looked so real to me I sat cross legged thai style and stared at the figure for a good 5 to 10 minutes. I had to ask another monk if it was alive or not because it looked so real.
Came back and got Chris and we went out to find the other people from the train at the Rooftop Reggae Bar. The Candian girls were already there and were deep into their bucket style mojitos. There was a great group of people there and we all hung out together cracking jokes and sharing stories. We walked the girls back to their hotel and then headed back to our room. About a block from our place we saw a disco that looked packed. Chris was done and called it a night so I made my way over solo, met new people, danced and had a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment