Thursday, December 17, 2009

Phu Quoc Island

Day 52

     Time to go to the island! Got up early to get our boat at 730am. We boarded the SuperDong 2 and had a 2 hour ride to the island.



    The fresh air rushes past as we cruz to the island. We pass small green islands all around as well as tons of fishing boats. I feel a very positive energy as the sun hits my back and think about my trip so far as well as what is to come and smile. The farther we go the cleaner the water looks and its color turns from a brown green to a deep blue. We met some other backpackers on the boat and all share a shuttle bus to get a hotel. Get a bungalow right on the beach and put our feet into the white sand and feel completely content and relaxed.



     Its about time to get rid of this Mohawk but I have no clippers so I decide to do it with scissors. I then walked the beach and just sat in the sun. I talked with the locals who ran our hotel restaurant joking and practicing the few Vietnamese word I knew. The sun began to set and the sky became a brilliant blue with orange and white clouds and the sun cats its long shimmering image across the water sparkling on its surface touching the beach at my feet. The waves wash up and away creating an amazing shine in the sand and becoming more intense as the sun begins to join with the horizon. Reds Oranges and yellows meet with the deep blue of the water and light blue along the shore creating a picture perfect moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment