Saturday, January 2, 2010

Koh Phi Phi Day 4

DAY 62

      When I got up Kirk, Chris and Debbie and I all went for fruit shakes and found a Falaffel spot which was really good and a change from all the Thai food we have been eating. Kirk and Debbie were leaving today at 2pm to go back to New Zealand so we went back to the beach and hung out with them until they had to go.

     After Deb and Kirk left it kind of felt like the end of a era as we had been traveling with them and about 5 other Kiwi's since we first entered Lao 6 weeks ago and had so many great times together. We had become like a family but all good things must come to a end and now we just have to find even cooler people to travel with (just kidding guys)

      When they left Chris and I napped in the room trying to avoid the heat of the day but still roasting in our little bungalow heat box. Again Chris had no problem sleeping and I tossed and turned so I decided to go get more food. After eating that amazing pad thai again I was drowsy and finally had a good nap with the help of my food coma. It was night time when i got up and Chris needed to check his bank balance so we took his computer to a free wifi cafe and did a bit of blogging. Happy hour at the reggae bar so I got a bucket and we met up with the English girls again and hung out until 10  when Chris and I headed to Ibeza for the usual bucket schuffel again and didn't pay for anything the whole night. I met some guys who I had met my night out solo in Patong from Iraq and we all hit it off and had a lot of fun showing them how to properly do a night in Phi Phi. We also met the French guys who we met in Veng Vieng and all chilled out watching the fire shows and busting out the glow in the dark face paint and painting ourselves. It was good times and we all had a great night.

     The Iraq guys Ali and Wael were awesome and we got along really well and had a ton of fun together this night. They were on a short vacation because Wael was on leave from the army and really had no plans so I invited them to come with with us in the next couple days to Ko Lanta Island and travel with us the rest of their trip.


1 comment:

  1. Nice posts, it seems like you had a great time. Meeting people from all over the world, people you never would have met otherwise is really cool.

    :)

    ReplyDelete