Saturday, January 2, 2010

Phuket Day 2

DAY 56

    Breakfast on the beach again and then we checked out and got a cab to Patong Beach which was expensive because I guess the taxi and tuk tuk are run by a mafia and they monopolize it and can charge a ton. We got to Patong Beach and got a room at the Bomarang Inn and then Chris went to the dentist at 1 pm for his filling.

    I was a little nervous about getting dental work done in another country but this place seemed really legit and the dentist spoke good English putting my mind at ease. About a quarter of my bottom molar had come out due to the bad fillings I had got done back in Mendo and was down the nerve making it hard to eat or drink anything. The dentist asked me if I wanted any Novocaine and from my prior experiences at the dentist I said yeah for sure. I then started thinking about having a numb mouth all night and asked how much it would hurt without. His reply was "not to much if you are a man" haha. Screw it no Novocaine I said, and he went to work grinding and drilling which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. About 20 minutes later he was done and it seemed to be a good job. I paid 1500 Baht which is $45, a steal compared to the $300 I paid back in the states. My dentist is gonna get a piece of my mind when I get home as this is the second filling that has come out.

     While Chris was at the dentist I chilled on the beach. We returned to the room doing some blog work and relaxing in the AC. We napped a bit untill around 8 oclock and then went out to dinner. The city was crazy at night and bars upon bars full of hookers and everything aimed at sex tourism.




     The streets were packed with tourists and mostly older men picking up on these women or just watching them dance on poles which were in most bars. There was a DJ on the beach and we hit that up for a while and it was more our style with tons of young people and great music.



    We danced around and met some cool dudes from Ireland and talked a bit and then decided we were overwhelmed with the scene and returned to our hotel. As we were getting our key from reception two English girls came in and we struck up conversation and they came up to our room to party a little more. We put on the ipod speakers and all putting on my hats for a laugh and eventually went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment