Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chang Mai To Chang Khong

Day 15
    To the pool before breakfast before catching our bus to Chang Khong the border city between Thailand and Laos. We stopped at the bus station and picked up Eva and Mandy, two German girls who we had met in Pai a couple days earlier. I really enjoyed the ride because we had a really nice shuttle bus and I was sitting next to Eva who was traveling around the world in 9 months and have amazing stories to tell.
     Stopped at the white temple which was purely a tourist attraction built to bring tourists into a area where there normally would be none. I think this because the designs and paintings were not traditional and nothing like any temple we had seen so far. The inside had crazy futuristic painting with missiles, guns, space ships and even characters like Spider Man, Bat Man and Neo from The Matrix. This temple was totally weird but interesting no doubt.


Because we were on a package tour into Laos we arrived at a very grimey guest house and before check in had to deal with our passports and Laos visa forms.
    They gave a pretty simple dinner of rice and curry and we sat around the table with 20 other backpackers from all different places, Chris and I being the only Americans. After dinner we all went down the street searching for any night life, finding none so we all settled at a restaurant in the back by a playground and got to know each other.


     Before going to bed I charged all my electronics and was just about to fall asleep when Chris suddenly sat up still asleep and started feeling the walls and saying "why are these shower curtains here".  I reasured him he was fine and he was sleep walking but he insisted he was awake and told me "im fine im just trying to figure this out" quickly laying back down and going back to sleep. It was hilarious and I laughed myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment