Saturday, November 21, 2009

Flying from Laos To Vietnam

Day 26

   Off to to Hanoi, Vietnam on the death plane Debbie had so nicely dubbed it as we woke up making me feel a little uneasy about flying. So I joke about it for a while to lighten the mood and try not to think about some crazy airplane crashing in the middle of the jungle. We all packed up had some breakfast at Jomes Bakery a chain over here which is like star bucks with a little more class. I was nearly out of kip and borrowed money so I did not have to take more kip out and be stuck with that useless useless currency in Vietnam. It was pretty hot today and so Kirk and I just lay in the room for a while AC pumping to keep from sweating like crazy.
  
    We arrived at the airport and checked our bags then waiting and hour and half for our boarding time. I fell straight asleep on the plane and woke up upon landing.


    We had booked rooms at the Drift Backpackers Hostel and got a free pick up from the airport to the hostel. The traffic in Honoi the captial of Vietnam is madness and there seems to be no rules on the road. There are 4-5 million motor bikes in the city and they go anywhere they chose weaving in all directions at any intersection. We all stay glued to the windows watching the traffic zig zag and criss cross as we make our way to the hostel. We arrived frazzeled and tired from traveling and check into our rooms. The lobby of the hostel was crazy a well and and a little to much for me to deal with at the time so I just sat at the restaurant there ordered food and let the other take care of checking in.
    Shea and Jeannie had been there a day already and were planning a boat trip to Halong bay the next day so I decided to join them and get out of the crazy city. I packed up my small bag with two shirts a pair of shorts and my camera stuff and left my big bag in storrage at the hostel because we were going on a boat and I didnt want to have all of my stuff with me. I couldnt sleep because my mind was racing from all of the comotion and craziness from the days events and the action going on in Hanoi City. This is like no other place I have been in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment