Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another Day on Cat ba Island

Day 29

   We had to be up early that morning to get off the boat and transfer to another which would bring us to Cat Ba Island. The 2nd boat was not as nice but we just relaxed for a couple hours inside until we reached the Island. As soon as we landed we saw our friends Jeanie and B-Rye who were hopping on another boat north to Sapa. We gave each other hugs and said good bye again getting on the bus to the National Park. Again my neck was giving me problems so Deb and I just hung out in the hammocks outside for a bit before getting back on the bus to town.



    We checked in to a pretty nice hotel and had a great lunch with everyone. Our guide said there was a hospital that could look at my neck so I got on the back of a motorbike and got a ride to the hospital. I was thinking maybe I had a slipped disc or something that could be seen in a X-Ray. I got there and was in shock of its state. It literally looked like a bomb had went off and they made a half built "hospital" around the blast. Most ghetto thing id ever seen. No one spoke any English so with body language I explained how my neck hurt and I needed a X-Ray. I went to the X-Ray guy and he signaled for me to give him my sunglasses. He put them on and put him thumbs up saying "Terminator" haha it was hilarious. He then led me into a small concrete room with a X-Ray machine from the 70's. I paid $10 for the X-Rays and hopped back on the motor bike to meet up with everyone.



    I got up for breakfast at 7 to say goodbye to everyone from our tour and gave tom a tip for being such a great tour guide and friend. Shea and I decided to stay an extra day and wait for Chris, Debbie, Kirk and Wes to show up from their boat tour they had started a day later than us. I then returned to the room and slept until check out at ten. We left our bags behind the desk at the hotel and walked ten minutes to Cat Ba beach #2. We found Hammocks on the beach and I actually started my book Into The Wild. We had the whole beach to ourselves and just hung out roaming the sand and picking up sea shells. We relaxed and both and wrote our blogs sharing stories and goofing around.






    
    We hung around the beach until 4:30 and then walked back to town to find a room for the night. We got a nice room with a balcony view and napped for an hour. We then walked over to the hotel we had been in with the tour to find our friends. They were there having dinner and we made plans to hang out that evening. A whole new group had come into town on the tour and it was quite a party and a great night dancing on the stage and taking hilarious pictures.  I walked a group back to their hotel and then returned to mine where I found Shea munching Oreos and still awake. We chatted a bit and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment