Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cat Ba Day 3

Day 30

    Got the local slow boat back to the mainland with Kirk, Wes and Deb and we then hired a driver to take us to Nim Bihm where we were going to catch the sleeper bus to Danang. 



    The driver dropped me off at a hospital and I showed my X-rays to one of the doctors hoping to get a diagnosis. No dice though as he also did not speak english, he did point to a area in my neck and say "bad bad". Well thats great. Got into Nim Bihm and booked a room at a ghetto hotel. There were alot of other travelers and this town seems to be a hub for going south. 



    That night I heard about a blind massuse for really cheap so I got him to give me a massage. He came into the room feeling the walls till he got to me and introduced himself as Chang. He was a very cool guy and his English was not to bad. We talked for a while about where I was from and traveling. In the middle of my massage he says to me that he is a singer, I say wow really that's cool can I hear? He then slowly starts singing Christmas carols! I couldn't not laugh as it was just such a weird experience getting a massage and being sung roudauf the red nose reindeer.
    

   We got up at 7 to get over to the sunflower to join the group and go back with the tour on a boat to Hanoi. Chris, Debbie, Kirk and Wes decided to go back on a local slow boat so we left them in the morning and went back with the tour since we had already paid for it and it would get us back to the Drift Backpackers hostel where we had left our big backpacks. We said goodbye and took off on the buss to get the boat back to the mainland. We got back to the harbor had lunch and got on a bus back to the city. We checked back into the hostel and chilled out in the movie room and messed around on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment