Thursday, December 10, 2009

China Beach to Hoi An

DAY 34

    I actually got a full 8 hours last night and when I got up Eva and I decided to go check out the Emerald Temple which had a large Pagoda on the top of the hill. This is the first real one I have ever seen. Ive always been fascinated by them since my 4th grade project where my dad and I built a model for a school project. It was pretty cool but they were building more at the temple site and it seemed very touristy with lots of old white tourist there so the ora was lost for me.



    On our way back we stopped for breakfast and I learned from Eva that the smaller the chairs in a restaurant the cheaper and more local the food is. This was true and the food was excellent. We then went back to Hoa's, paid up our bills and hopped on a shuttle bus filled with about 13 of us as well as everyone's huge backpacks piled in the isles.



     We all kind of split up when we arrived, some staying at the hotel we were dropped off at, while others including me went off searching for different places closer to the center of town. Found a spectacular room for $20 a night with a huge king size bed flat screen tv and balcony overlooking the pool. This is not normal as a backpacker and I really enjoyed the extra space and huge bed for the next few days. I chilled out while the girls all went off to shop at the hundreds of tailor shops which is why most tourist come to Hoi An, to get cheap taylor made suits and dresses. Because of the comforts of the room I just relaxed in the room and rested up while I had the chance, planning to do my shopping the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment